Friday, April 9, 2010

One of the reasons I homeschool

As I'm doing my morning routine, I suddenly had my belly growl and it reminded me of high school when I was too scared to go to to the lunchroom and purchase lunch. I was so nervous being on my own, thinking everyone was staring at me, that I would rather eat candy everyday(I could eat this at my desk or hide in the bathroom). I never told my parents about this, not sure why unless maybe they would insist that I eat a proper lunch. I should have, but like I said, I was way to nervous being around other kids I didn't know.

Now that I have kids of my own, and my oldest having a very similar personality, I'm very glad he's home. I have seen how his personality and his self esteem have flourished. When he was in school for the 3yrs, he was very shy and would just sit by himself and just do his work. Really didn't have any friends. I remember him walking around the playground fence everyday at recess. It used to break my heart seeing this so I had to find myself things to do. I'm very glad now that he's very confident in himself and knows what his interests are. So glad we had the idea to bring him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment